Come promesso, riporto (aggiornando) quanto dicevo su Indievision.
As for marketing, I'm doing nothing but the obvious, i.e.:
* talking directly to people on many, many sites;
* giving interviews;
* asking sites/magazines to write reviews;
* sending press releases to a couple of free news distribution services;
* trying to find distributors/retailers (both in the whole world and in my own town);
* presenting the game in fairs.
Also, besides the game's own website, I've created a page for BOH on several sites:
* Great Games Experiment
* The Linux Game Tome
* Mod DB
One thing I haven't done yet is selling the game through digital delivery platforms - there are multiple reasons, but something should change in the close future - namely:
* BOH will appear on Desura (by the same people of Mod DB);(*)
* I've been contacted by the guys from GamersGate, but it seems it's difficult to keep the discussion alive with them (they tend to disappear); anyway, I still hope there will be a chance;
* I could try also with Steam.(**)
(*)Sarà anche su Gameolith, una piattaforma per Linux; entrambe le piattaforme dovrebbero partire in Aprile.
(**)Non si sono degnati di rispondermi.
One final thing I'll do (and, actually, I was trying to do right today, until a utility decided to trash my Windows system) is producing a proper trailer: people has lots of troubles understanding my game (even if it potentially could be very interesting for them), so I hope that will help people approach it.(***)
(***)Fatto, e ora il trailer è già obsoleto per via dell'update10!
By the way, in the previous post I forgot to include:
* the freebies (9 updates, 4 additional themes, 10 additional missions, 3 additional translations - I mean, these indirectly make for a good promotion)(****);
* a free contest.
(****)Ora gli aggiornamenti sono 10 e le missioni 11.